Our i2a leadership formula is built around three essential aptitudes:
strategic thinking + strength-based leadership + network leadership.
Our application of this formula says:
find a strength and leverage it; where one doesn’t exist but is needed, develop the talent.
Our philosophy says:
all hands on deck – everyone is called to lead in some capacity or another.
- Strategic-thinking: the capacity to be flexible and future-minded in your thinking (critical and creative thinking strengths and talents).
- Strength-based leadership: the capacity to be self-aware in the moment, work from a source of natural strength and inspire your team to do the same.
- Engage-your-network: the capacity to influence beyond traditional boundaries of expertise, authority or reputation by understanding the art and science of engagement, digital and face-time relationships, and the technology-driven spread of ideas and momentum.
We work with organizations and individuals to consult and coach on vision, strategy, alignment, engagement and mobilization when change is indicated either by desire or necessity. We use these three principles that set us apart and give you a better chance at sustainable success:
- Make your thinking visible to others. We use a variety of techniques to make the group’s thinking visible in real-time and post facto, most notably through graphic facilitation and the creation of power graphics.
- Woo by engaging intellect and emotion. We couple rigorous strategic thinking with the latest evidence-based approaches in positive psychology to engage smarts, heart and ingenuity in the pursuit of meaningful work.
- Teach others to do what we do and give them the tools to do it themselves. We make our processes transparent and our tools available. Our techniques are teachable, scaleable and modularized to fit your competency and comfort level.
Our philosophy is to address problems and challenges by focusing attention, time and talent on the opportunities they present. In the past, change efforts were driven by defining a “burning platform” to mobilize people. That is, the group would describe a scarily compelling reason to change “or else.” This approach worked relatively well because it leveraged the natural tendencies of people to catastrophize the future. However, we now know, and can empirically prove, that fear-based thinking limits creativity and robs people of their passion. Although some may consider creativity and passion a luxury, we think they are essential to sustainability and leading edge thinking.
The i2a Leadership Formula is designed to create resilient, future-minded flexible thinkers in your organization. We believe that a focus on positive potential unleashes creativity and inspires action. We are inspired by the possibilities and intend for you to be the same.