We have been taking time to reflect and deepen our learning about the injustice and racism faced by so many of our fellow citizens. To solve a problem, we must first clearly see and admit that there is one. We stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement and reject racial injustice, discrimination, and violence against people of color.
In this powerful moment, we are called on to find the courage to do hard things – to challenge our own thinking, to have vulnerable and tough conversations, and to take meaningful action. Silence is not an option. It’s up to each one of us to speak up and do more to eliminate the systemic inequality in our society.
We believe that all races are equal and that we are stronger because of our differences. We believe that injustice and intolerance have no place in our society. We are committed to seeking out the wisdom of people who have been on the front lines of this fight for a long time. We want to be stronger allies by amplifying marginalized voices and supporting those seeking a new way forward. We are committed to using our deep sadness, our talents, and our hope as fuel to bring about positive change. In a big way.
To contribute our intellect and energy to a movement, rather than to a moment, here’s what you can expect from us:
- Adding more racial diversity to our team.
- Investing in individual and collective learning and development on what it means to be actively anti-racist.
- Articulating and expecting, as a values-driven organization, a commitment to being actively anti-racist in our words and deeds as well as in the policies that govern our growing organization.
- Amplifying the voices of partner organizations driving positive change in social justice.
- Proactively supporting our clients in raising, and navigating, the hard conversations around diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of their leadership journeys.
- Recognizing and celebrating our clients publicly as they make strides in creating racially diverse, equitable, and inclusive cultures that embody the belonging of each person.
We truly believe we all do our best work in these conditions and that we, and the world at large, will be better for the positive change.
In love and solidarity,
The pLink Team